Re: [ietf-dkim] include

2006-07-28 09:23:32
+1.

The allow list was added primarily recognizing it as a requirement
understanding it would be one of the design issues to work out.

Since the limitation would be part of the total query size anyway, one
consideration I had in mind was to suggest TCP stream lookups instead to
avoid any UPD truncate responses.   But off hand, the worst case is 2
lookups, a UCP truncate followed up by switching to TCP.     This is one
area I will punt to the DNS experts.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Delany" <MarkD+dkim(_at_)yahoo-inc(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] include

I'd venture to say that "include" ala SPF is specific NON-REQUIREMENT,
as it violates the requirement that the query operation provide a
deterministic
number of queries for discovery/fetching.

+1

I see very marginal benefit to that sort of indirection and a very
large cost in operational complexity and test cases.

Besides which, inheriting topology might be a common convenience that
justifies complexity in an IP based model, but inheriting policy seems
a much less likely and thus less compelling reason in a domain based
model.

Mark.