Re: [ietf-dkim] A few SSP axioms

2006-08-01 10:55:30

Damon wrote:
I understand that it is not a reputation service, however, I am now at the mercy of my ISP's reputation and not mine. In fact, they are full of bots and spammers.

But if you use that ISP, then arguably you should be affected by
whatever reputation services think of the ISP. You just need your
sparkling rep to outshine their dull one:-)

And since reputation services are out of scope for the WG, I would
have thought that statements like "ignore my ISP's signature since
he's got a bad reputation" would therefore be out of scope for ssp.
Perhaps you could make a case that "please ignore all signatures
but mine" is in-scope for ssp, but I'd have to be convinced since
its not at all apparent to me now that that's a useful thing to
say.

(Note: that's not a WG-chair statement, just how I understand
this at first glance.)

Stephen.