Re: [ietf-dkim] A few SSP axioms

2006-08-01 14:36:28
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:13:16 +0100 Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> wrote:

Hector,

Hector Santos wrote:
There has been suggestion in the past of the desire for a policy
for "I sign everything, don't accept a message with *any*
third party signatures". I've yet to see why anybody would
want to set such a policy in real life though.

hmmm, Isn't this "highly exclusive" policy just happens to be the most
powerful protection the DKIM protocol has to offer?

So, you're saying that...

"A says he signs everything"

    ...is "weaker" than....

"A says he signs everything and no-one else is allowed to sign A's mail"

What's the benefit for the signer/originator or the verifier? I just
don't see one.

Personally, I don't see it as stronger/weaker, just different.  Some
domains will come to DKIM wanting to make the most positive statement they
can about the messages they send.  Others will come to DKIM wanting to make
the most negative statement they can about the messages that they did not
send.

Scott K