Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-04 11:44:52
Imagine that policy takes the form of a list that can either be
declared as partial or complete.  In the case of a partial list,
although that information will not aid the blocking of messages
outright, it can still serve to clarify genuine relationships between
the From email-address domain and the signing domain when they
differ.  A partial list indicates that recipients should consider the
reputation of the signing domain instead of blocking messages when
this relationship is not established.  On the other hand, a complete
list indicates that recipients need not consider the reputation of
the signing domain and can blocking messages when the relationship is
not established.  Although a complete list offers greater utility,
for general use a complete list is not very practical assertion for
most domains.

-Doug

That is the sender suggesting how I should handle the message on a failure.
I already consider the reputation of the sending domain/ip. If I was
now going to have to start considering the reputations of signing
domains (if they are seperate) I certainly would not leave it up to
the sender to tell me how to do it... unless.. the policy list is
_always_ more restrictive.

Regards,
Damon Sauer