Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-04 10:24:47
Damon wrote:

On 8/4/06, Steve Atkins <steve(_at_)blighty(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Aug 4, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

> John L wrote:
>
>>   I REALLY do not want an SSP that says "I sign everything, and
>> here is my estimate on a 0 to 10 scale of how much you should care."
>
> I assume that you'd complain if it boiled down to a single bit?
>
> 0: "mail from this domain may transit manglers, adjust accordingly"

0: "I sign some mail"

A 0 _still_ means: I have a published a record just so you have
to do more CPU/DNS work... because you are going to have to accept it
anyway.

Also: this formulation is completely bogus on its face: if you want to see
if a domain publishes a "I sign everything" policy, you have already done
that CPU/DNS work even if the answer comes back NXDOMAIN or
"we don't".

      Mike