Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-04 10:27:51

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Thomas" <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>

What I have yet to hear is any sort of consituency for a monolithic
"i sign everything" beyond the statements(_at_)bigbank scenario.

This is probably similar to what some bloke said years ago:

   "What I have yet to hear is any sort of consituency for
    checking the validity of HELO domain or the RETURN PATH.
    After all, what possible problems can it bring?"

or as it is officially stated in RFC 2821:

   This specification does not further address the authentication issues
   associated with SMTP other than to advocate that useful functionality
   not be disabled in the hope of providing some small margin of
   protection against an ignorant user who is trying to fake mail.

That ignorant user is now $13B world wide problem!!

Why so resistance on having an exclusive policy?