Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-04 15:04:41
John Levine wrote:

What I have yet to hear is any sort of consituency for a monolithic
"i sign everything" beyond the statements(_at_)bigbank scenario. I really
don't buy John's small lawfirm scenario unless he can swear that none
of their users or correspondents use Yahoogroups;

Well, actually, since Yahoo will certainly be DKIM signing its mail,
we can expect their reputation to be the one people use.  In the more
general case, if they publish we sign everything and don't have a
policy against using a work address to join mailing lists, they get
what they get. Or if the only collateral damage is that people's
posts to Yahoo groups about embroidered kittens get lost, they won't
care.

In other words, you really have no clue as to how these people use email
and what the collateral damage would be. The average small firm/company
doesn't even understand the difference between a mailing list, a blog
or a discussion board. And you expect them to be able to make an informed
decision?

In any case, I already outlined a scenario for which a receiver would
find the additional information very interesting.

Speaking as a receiver, I have to say I didn't find that info either
useful or interesting.
I wasn't aware that you wrote spam filters for a living.

      Mike