Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-05 12:04:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Otis" <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
To: "Mark Delany" <MarkD+dkim(_at_)yahoo-inc(_dot_)com>

The default assumption of a listed domain in the policy would be to
assume "I sign all".  This could even be called the "I sign all" list.
The only embellishment needed would be the "Only". The default policy
when none is found would be an empty list with the assumed "I sign all"
assertion.

+1.

In terms of the DSAP draft syntax:

    OP=ALWAYS; 3P=NEVER;     # Only "I" sign mail

or

    OP=ALWAYS; 3P=ALWAYS;    # "I" sign mail
    3PL=;                    # defined, but empty list;

In terms of the SSP draft syntax:

   o=!  # All mail from the entity is signed; Third-Party signatures
        # SHOULD NOT be accepted

But the SSP I-D stills has the "semantics" argument of what is meant by
"Third-Party signatures SHOULD NOT be accepted."  I took this to mean 100%
exclusivity. Apparently that is not what it means.  Hence one of the reasons
for a "Fill in the holes" DSAP I-D proposal