Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP requirements

2006-08-05 13:22:34
John Levine wrote:

I can't gather requirements if I can't make any sense of what you're saying.

That's a reasonable concern.

The fog around SSP is so opaque that I'm really wondering if it
wouldn't make more sense to punt and wait for people to do enough
experiments to understand what turns out to be useful.

That's a pretty reasonable question, frankly. The set of domains that would actually benefit from SSP from the consensus I've seen seems like it's a pretty tiny fraction of the internet at large and almost certainly could be handled by third party dnsbl-like or accreditation schemes as well. But it may be worth it if for no other reason to provide the transport, discovery, and syntax framework for putting goodies in for the
experiment.

         Mike