Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP requirements

2006-08-05 16:10:48

----- Original Message -----
From: "John L" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
To: "Michael Thomas" <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>

That's a pretty reasonable question, frankly. The set of domains that
would actually benefit from SSP from the consensus I've seen seems like
it's a pretty tiny fraction of the internet at large and almost
certainly could be handled by third party dnsbl-like or accreditation
schemes as well.

Agreed.  That's what I've been thinking all along.

In other words, your 3rd party dnsbl-like DAC business venture with some
highly exploitable VBR protocol, with $10,000, $5000 entry feeds, with
absolutely no plans for SSP, is the right solution for everyone and will
resolved all the security issued related to DKIM.   This wasn't about the
your so called "SSP FOG" rethorical chaos but rather a conflict of interest.
Having SSP still in play will not serve your business well.

Wonderful.