Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-06 08:21:55
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:07:52 -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:

Bottom Line:

    Although it is essential that a protocol specification be deployed
only
after due deliberation, it is equally essential that it be concise,
coherent and
compelling.

    In other words the market needs to understand it and needs to believe
its
adoption is important... for the near term.

All of this argues strongly for the criterion I suggested.

OK, but that's all fodder for the final design.  We are currently
discussing requirements.  Prematurely cutting off requirements discussion
has its own risks.

I agree the what we deliver in the end must be as simple as reasoanbly
possible, but the time to decide what that is has not yet arrived.

Scott K