Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP requirements

2006-08-05 18:38:10
On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 07:05:16PM -0400, Hector Santos allegedly

Having SSP still in play will not serve your business well.

Hector. Most of us on this list are in the email business - including
you - as I understand it. If we start slinging arrows at anyone who
has a business connection, most of us would have to recuse ourselves,
would we not?

John has a business interest, you have a business interest, I have a
business interest. So what? I expect that we're all smart enough to
recognize technical merit over business interest and respond
accordingly.

Let's face it, this is a list chock full of cynics. John has a zero
(or less) chance of coercing you, me, or the other hundred folk on the
list.  John is not so dumb, he knows the obvious.

I will say that that I think that John's DAC venture is exactly what
we had hoped would be an outcome of this process. May there be many
more DAC competitors emerging as DKIM is deployed.

Mark.