Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy design decision

2006-08-18 12:09:57
On Friday 18 August 2006 14:23, Michael Thomas wrote:

Dave. I'm merely pointing out that lack of support by some DNS providers
for NS records is not a good argument since many/most do not support
using TXT records either.

True, but the universe of providers that support TXT, underscored names, and
NS records for subdomains is smaller than that that support TXT and
underscored names.

I think it is a reasonable goal to have the protocol be broadly deployable.
If the list of signing domains proves to be impractical when we do the
design, then fine, lets drop it then, but I don't see the need to constrain
ourselves now.

Scott K