[ietf-dkim] Re: Where to look for the signing practice

2006-08-23 12:35:22

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Fenton" <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

Subject: Where to look for the signing practice

[changed the subject line because this is straying a bit from the
delegation topic]

According to draft-allman-dkim-ssp-01, section 2.2, it would be the
From: address (or the first From address in the rare case that there
is more than one).  However, that's just a proposal at this point,
but since you ask "what do you use", that's what I would use.

Agree.  But I'm not sure we had strayed, since the same method would apply
for a non-signed message as for a 3rd party signed message.

That was the point of my message.

Unless I completely misread, the scenario was such that a suggestion was
made that maybe we should look at the 3rd party signing domain policy or
sender versus the original domain policy.