Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy designdecision

2006-08-24 09:06:35
The receiver has a fourth piece of info, his address book (any
white or black list).  In a parallel thread about filters Phil
or John just discussed again that a "DKIM PASS" or similar from
unknown strangers is pointless.  With over 84% probability it's
spam like any other mail with or without signature (based on
95% probability unsolicited mail minus 11% misdirected bounces,
I don't recall where I read this some weeks ago).

So for your scenario, if you don't have listadmin(_at_)mailinglist
in your address book, and you also don't have president(_at_)company
in your address book, then you simply do not care what this is.

There are 12,434 employees worldwide at my company that are either
sales people or handle some sort of customer service where email is
'directed' to them.
I hope that you are not suggesting that DKIM is pointless unless you
already know the person that is sending to you.

Although... now that I think about it- I agree with you!

In my opinion, I am agreeing with you due to the lack of specific
rules covering who can and cannot sign for me and when/how do I expect
my policy to be enforced.

Regards,
Damon Sauer