Re: [ietf-dkim] user level ssp

2006-09-07 12:44:45

On Sep 7, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John Levine

Mostly +1

But there could be utility in the sender saying 'My email is at very serious risk of being impersonated'.

What is that utility? Please expand on what behaviour you expect from the recipient and how
that will differ from the case where the sender does not say that.

Cheers,
  Steve

In my policy scheme such a statement could be added as an additional mechanism tag should this be considered useful:

_policy.bigbank.com       "DKIM + PHISH"
_policy.yahoo.com         "DKIM"
_policy.pgp.com           "DKIM + PGP"
_policy.cluelessbank.com  "PHISH"

Nice thing about this scheme is that reporting mechanisms fit into the scheme nicely as well:

_policy.bigbank.com       "DKIM + PHISH + REPORT=INCH-RID"