Self-assertion of...well, anything at all (was Re: [ietf-dkim] user level ssp)

2006-09-07 14:09:13
On 2006-09-07 12:54, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

If I know that you are a self declared target of phishing and that
the consequences of letting a phish go through are considerably more
serious than a random impersonation spam I can adjust my spam filters
accordingly.

But the opposite of that statement would be interpreted as "I don't care if my domain is phished" -- so EVERYONE will end up setting the phish target bit -- including typo phishers -- and it'll be useless.

The "is this a bank?" decision, or anything like it, should be made far outside of SSP.

--
J.D. Falk, Anti-Spam Product Manager
Yahoo! Communications Platform Team