Re: [ietf-dkim] The basic problem with SSP

2006-09-09 11:45:32
A statement "All messages containing this email-address domain are initially signed" would be correct for the dimwit that uses Yahoogroups, provided there is also an assertion "Only compliant services are used that retain initial signatures" can be added to this assertion. ...

You may rest assured that the dimwit will beat his tiny gorilla chest, make all of the most aggressive assertions, and then blame everyone but himself when nobody gets his Yahoogroups mail.

One of the most useful outcomes of SPF was the confirmation that people are generally unable to get any but the most trivial configuration descriptions correct. An SPF record consisting only of -all is probably correct, while an SPF record consisting of something else followed by -all is almost certainly wrong. All of the proposed SSP values other than "I send no mail" fall into the latter category.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor