Re: [ietf-dkim] The basic problem with SSP

2006-09-09 11:46:08
On 8 Sep 2006 16:48:41 -0000 John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:
2.  I don't care about the breakage and I'd prefer you reject unsigned
mail.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the fundamental question here
is why should the recipient care what the sender claims he prefers?

Anytime you send e-mail to someone, you're basically asking them to do
you a large favor by investing the effort to accept and deliver it.
Senders don't get to set rules about what recipients can do.

It's fine if senders can offer advice to recipients that the
recipients find useful to do what they want to do, which is presumably
to deliver mail that their own users want, but "because I said so"
doesn't make advice useful.

OK.

Is there a formulation for this kind of 'strict' policy/practice/whatever
that you wouldn't find innappropriate?

Scott K