accept, deny, or other delivery decisions (was Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP = FAILURE DETECTION)

2006-09-11 13:39:29
On 2006-09-11 13:09, Hector Santos wrote:

The acceptance criteria is completely external to DKIM -- Steve
labeled it as "B" in the portion you quoted above.

Why is this such a difficult concept?

Nothing at all, but reputation is out of scope.  Or is it?  Where is the
specification?  Whose reputation database are we suppose to use?   Yours?
John's?  The other system I just heard about with its own "DAC" concept or
even the one that Santronics might invest in producing?

Yahoo! will use Yahoo!'s internal systems to make our own internal decisions about each message. AOL will, I'm sure, use AOL's. Everyone will make their own decision in their own way, just like today -- perhaps with a 3rd party's input, perhaps not. It's up to them.

A DKIM verification result is just one more input.

--
J.D. Falk, Anti-Spam Product Manager
Yahoo! Communications Platform Team