Re: accept, deny, or other delivery decisions (was Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP= FAILURE DETECTION)

2006-09-11 17:15:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk(_at_)yahoo-inc(_dot_)com>

Yahoo! will use Yahoo!'s internal systems to make our own internal
decisions about each message.  AOL will, I'm sure, use AOL's.
Everyone will make their own decision in their own way, just
like today -- perhaps with a 3rd party's input, perhaps not.  It's
up to them.

No doubt. Just like today.

A DKIM verification result is just one more input.

In what way?

If there a consistent ACCEPT, DENY and DELIVERY DECISIONS method so that
when XYZ.COM sends signed mail to users at YAHOO.COM and AOL.COM, you don't
get inconsistent results?

There are so many issues with this DKIM-BASE + LOCAL POLICY UNKNOWN that I
find it hard to see how it justifies the risk of signing.