[ietf-dkim] New Issue: Generic requirements for SSP, v1.

2006-09-20 20:09:26
We ought to focus on the basic functional requirements for an SSP, before we worry much about the implementation details.

I think the basic functional requirements are:

1. SSP is an extension of the DKIM message signing service.

2. The DKIM message signing service can be more useful, if potential signers have the ability to notify receive-side processing services about the constraints under which the potential signer sends mail. This permits distinguishing conformant messages from non-conformant messages.

3. SSP needs an extensible publication mechanism, to permit incremental definition of practices

(I'm sure there are more, but this seems like an adequate set for starting.)

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking