Re: [ietf-dkim] Deployment Scenario 7: Cryptographic Upgrade and Downgrade Attacks

2007-02-25 14:26:35
At 10:53 AM -0800 2/25/07, Michael Thomas wrote:
At this point, all we have is MUST implements. Considering there is
no opportunity for negotiation with mail, MAY/SHOULD implement
algorithms seems like a pretty bad idea altogether.

We have no prohibition on implementing additional algorithms, so it is fine for someone to implement, for example, DSA signatures.

So is this still a real
problem for DKIM?

Yes, it still is, because we didn't say (and should not have said) "MUST NOT implement any other signature algorithm".

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Domain Assurance Council