Re: [ietf-dkim] LWSP in base64-encoded public key TXT RR

2007-03-08 09:21:22
At 7:12 PM -0800 3/7/07, Eric Allman wrote:
Paul, I'm not clear what you are suggesting. Is this some sort of addendum to the spec that says "the ABNF says X, but we really intended Y, so consider it to be that way"?

Definitely not. I don't think that is what Stephen was saying either.

If we do that it seems like we have really changed the spec.

Right.

Or are we saying "the ABNF says X, but we really intended Y, but it's too late to fix this and you should make a note of it"? Essentially, this would be a warning guide to people creating selectors. That does not change the spec, and could be done with an informative note.

Exactly right. "You might make your selectors wrong if you don't notice this detail of the spec."

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Domain Assurance Council