[ietf-dkim] Re: LWSP in base64-encoded public key TXT RR

2007-03-08 11:11:16
Michael Thomas wrote:

if this is the only ABNF goof we'd be doing pretty well.

Yes.  And actually I didn't claim that my proposed fix
addresses the problem of the OP.  I only don't like lines
containing only trailing white (no visible character), if
their semantics differs from empty lines:

It's too easy to lose all trailing white space with a text
editor.  [FWS] avoids this potential trap, LWSP doesn't.

Of course that's more important in RFCs like 2822, USEFOR,
or maybe 2831bis, for DKIM it's less relevant.  Ignoring
folks using a text editor to create their records, _and_
trying to add "apparently empty" lines for obscure reasons.

Frank