Re: [ietf-dkim] LWSP in base64-encoded public key TXT RR

2007-03-08 12:40:54
On Thursday 08 March 2007 14:07, Eric Allman wrote:
I'm thinking of the following addition to the p= description in 3.6.1:

INFORMATIVE NOTE: A base64string is permitted to include white space
(LWSP) at arbitrary places; however, any CRLFs must be followed by at
least one WSP character.  Implementors and administrators are
cautioned to ensure that selector TXT records conform to this
specification.

eric
To the extent I understand the issue, I think this makes sense, but I don't
see value added in the last sentence since the whole point of the spec is to
be able to conform to it.  I'd suggest deleting the last sentence.

Scott K