Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Use of LWSP in ABNF -- consensus call

2007-05-23 06:55:36
Keith Moore said:
it could be argued that the best thing to do is to remove ALL of the
rules from the ABNF spec, leaving only the language definition and
examples.

While I don't support this, it does remind me of a problem. I've had
various people tell me in the past that "ABNF" includes Appendix B and,
therefore, it is neither necessary to cite the appendix or to define basic
concepts yourself.

I know that section 1 says that appendix B is "separate from its formal
status", but I suggest that the introduction to the appendix should make it
clear that citing ABNF does *not* include these rules by reference; such
inclusion by reference needs to be explicit.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive(_at_)demon(_dot_)net>   | Tel:    +44 20
8495 6138