Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Use of LWSP in ABNF -- consensus call

2007-05-17 14:17:15
"Dave" == Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

    Dave> Sam,
    >> Ultimately cases like this should be evaluated based on whether
    >> the final result is more clear overall.

    Dave> What about protecting the installed base for the existing
    Dave> spec?

I think that is not a useful criteria when we are talking about an
informative note.  I think that criteria matters somewhat more when we
are talking about depricating a feature but retaining it, although
even then I think the bar would be reasonably low.  The installed base
will continue to work.

I think that criterian is very important if we were talking about
removing a rule.  For that reason I do not favor removing the LWSP
rule.