RE: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

2007-06-02 20:12:01
I find the argument from Microsoft where they showed the code for their DNS
server and in particular the switch statement saving the file data somewhat
more convincing.

What they mean is that they can coax the server to emit the desired bit
sequences under certain conditions, not that it is a configuration they would
personally accept.

In other words it is administration advice from Linux geeks directed at Windows
network admins. It's a bit like taking advice on how to mix a Manhattan from
the Temperance Union.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Eliot Lear
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:51 AM
To: Hector Santos
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

Hi Hector,
How will my Mr. Koch assure the world that new RR record
queries will
be reliable?  that all new RR queries will be expected to be passed
thru recursive queries by heterogeneous DNS servers?

I don't know, but since he's made a forceful argument in the
past on the subject I figure we would do well to not imagine