Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

2007-06-02 05:28:13
Greetings Arvel,
(2) SSP record type (TXT vs. something new). Only 4 messages in discussion, mostly saying "if you support TXT, don't bother with anything else." Again, no clear consensus.

If a new RR can solve the wildcard issue and we feel that this is a significant issue worth solving (or at least addressing) then perhaps we should create a system that looks for a new RR first and failing that, falls back to TXT.

As a guy who recommended TXT records earlier I could just as easily live with a new record. What I am more concerned about is the amount of complexity in the system. Going through both TXT *and* SSP records seems like a recipe for synchronization problems and other nasties that we could best do without. And I could easily be convinced by Peter Koch that a new record just isn't that hard to get out there.

Eliot