Re: MX dot was (Re: [ietf-dkim] TXT wildcards SSP issues

2007-06-06 15:42:03
Steve Atkins wrote:

On Jun 6, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Jon Callas wrote:

I don't believe point 4 is entirely valid, myself, but that's
the line of reasoning, and why people are bringing up
wildcards and "NO MAIL" in the same discussion.

But why NO MAIL?  Why not other policies?

A system can have a default NO MAIL policy or a default I SIGN EVERYTHING or anything else.

Here is a workable Wildcard syntax that has a default NO MAIL POLICY

*._ssp       0  TXT   ... no mail policy...
_ssp         0  TXT   ... I may sign ..
public._ssp  0  TXT   ... I never sign ...
sales._ssp   0  TXT   ... I always sign ..
corp._ssp    0  TXT   ... I always sign ..

and one with a default I ALWAYS SIGN

*._ssp       0  TXT    ... I always sign ..
public._ssp  0  TXT   ... I never sign ...

etc.

In my view, the first one is more plausible and practical to address the real issues this whole effort has been trying to address - to STOP DOMAIN ABUSE.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com