Re: [ietf-dkim] Zone Files

2007-06-08 10:10:32
Charles Lindsey wrote:

Why not?

So you are expecting Nominet (the managers of the uk TLD, and of co.uk, org.uk, net.uk, etc under it) to administer the '_ssp.uk' domain on behalf of Demon and all the 99999 other *.co.uk domains that have been registered by the umpteen registrars licensed by Nominet?

No. I was ignorant of ccTLDs. No longer. :-) I've done the research. Now I am studying how the gTLD root server are related to the ccTLD root servers.

The only way your scheme could possibly work is by invoking some Magic that tells you to look at sales._ssp.demon.co.uk, so that Demon get to manage their own policies. The only possible such Magic suggested so far is Doug Otis's global registry of registrable domains, or maybe some inventive examination of SOA records.

Right. I don't see a reason why the protocol can not implement a gTLD, ccTLD name space logic in order to find the level where the domain ownership begins.

The protocol can include these in a name space and instantly determine where the domain ownership begins.

I don't see a problem programming for this.  Par for the course.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com