Re: [ietf-dkim] Jim's issues - one more try

2007-06-08 10:12:39
Douglas Otis wrote:

On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

Stephen --

This list of yes/no's is not helpful is it quite possible to permute
these independent variables and arrive with something that cannot
work. What we *really* *really* need is an *exact* proposal that
claims to solve this problem so that we can evaluate the alternatives
against the Requirements, as well as their other merits. Design by
hum here is doomed to fail.

My suggestion: require those *fleshed out* proposals to be submitted as
ID's so that we can have time to read them, get clarification and
consider the tradoffs. Yes, an ID not just one-off wg mailing list
handwaving messages.

+1

+1. Might be a cue to rehash DSAP with the new considerations,

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com