Re: MX dot was (Re: [ietf-dkim] TXT wildcards SSP issues

2007-06-07 21:32:15
Hector Santos wrote:

Do the DNS query for the valid ones and fake sub domains, or no
subdomains:

    NSLOOKUP -query=txt  SUBDOMAINS._ssp.santronics.com

You said it won't work "AT ALL."   I would like to know why not?
Every  policy I want is defined including eliminating the ABUSE with a
global NOMAIL record.

You're right, that one works.

Now suppose that, instead of santronics.com, you were
santronics.homestead.fl.us (domains of this form do exist).  The query
for SUBDOMAINS.santronics.homestead._ssp.fl.us wouldn't yield the
desired result.

Steve overstated his case when he said it would not work at all, but it
does not work in general.

-Jim