Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Interoperability Event notes

2007-11-08 17:06:58
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Hector Santos wrote:
Attackers will be able to create a FAILED fascimile of a primary domain DKIM complete message and as long as the primary has a t=y policy, the attackers need not worry about HASH PERFECTION - it just randomly creates a signature with a junk hash because the t=y will promote a IGNORE FAILURE concept.

OK so in fact the complaint is "t=y is dangerous", not "a hacker could insert t=y into someone's policy" (which is what you originally said). There are other people here who can debate that as well as or better than I so I'll yield.

In sticking to the Subject: of this thread, no, this was not discussed at the Interop event. SSP was determined early on to be out-of-scope for our tests. We were focusing only on RFC4871 itself.

It was felt, though, that SSP might be the subject of a future Interop event once the draft has become an RFC (or, perhaps, multiple proposals are available).