Re: creeping i= (was RE: [ietf-dkim] Responsibility vs. Validity)

2007-11-29 13:37:19
On Thursday 29 November 2007 15:13, Douglas Otis wrote:
On Nov 29, 2007, at 12:00 PM, J D Falk wrote:
Jon Callas wisely cautioned:

It also strikes me as odd to assume that a receiver/verifier WANTS
to track individual users (or user-equivalent entities) within the
responsible domain.

Agreed.

 That's a ton of extra work, for very little benefit (from an anti-
spam point of view.)

No. With there being so many bots, it is common to find a large domain
sending a fairly high level of spam.  It would be helpful if there
were a means to mitigate spam from such a domain without blocking the
entire domain.  In addition, don't forget about the replay issue.

Then find a solution other than DOMAIN Keys Identified Mail for that problem.
A user level reputation system is going to be at least an order of magnitude
harder than domain reputation and we really don't have the domain level
problem figured out yet.

Scott K