Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists as 2822-Sender (was: Responsibility vs. Validity)

2007-12-01 08:39:57
Can you (Charles + Scott, or anybody else who knows it) please
check this ?  I thought that mailing lists are NOT supposed to
insert Sender (or Resent-*) header fields unless they wish to
participate in PRA checks (RFC 4406).

Since Sender-ID is at most an experimental RFC, no sensible mailing list
does anything just to make S-ID happy.

RFC 2822 section 3.6.2 describes originator fields.  By my reading it
is pretty clear that a list should add a Sender: field with the list's
name since it's the list that's sending the mail.

Section 3.6.6 describes resent headers.  One could make a plausible
argument that a list should add a Resent-Sender: rather than a Sender:
but it's reasonable to do it either way.

R's,
John