Re: [ietf-dkim] Review of DKIM Sender Signing Practices (draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-01)

2007-12-04 10:52:35
John Levine wrote:
  There is a trivial mechanism that can cut down SSP lookups to almost
  nothing: don't query domains from which you've never received a valid
  DKIM signature.

My network gets tons of fake mail from HSBC UK and no real mail from
them since none of my North American users have an account there.  How
would I be able to tell that it should have been signed?

  If nobody cares about HSBC UK, why should you?

  In any case, this strikes me as a tempest in a well stirred teapot.
  The load on DNS is similar to SPF/SIDF and the world has continued its
  normal rotation.

                Mike