Re: [ietf-dkim] Review of DKIM Sender Signing Practices (draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-01)

2007-12-04 12:24:36
 This assumes that SSP tries to solve the lookalike domain problem.

Can we review the last couple of messages, please?

You said that a way to avoid making useless SSP lookups was only look up a domain if you've previously seen a signed message from it.

I said, I get a bunch of messages purporting to be from a bank I've never seen before. This isn't lookalike, this uses the actual domain (in this case hsbc.co.uk) but since I've never seen any mail from them before, good or bad, I won't do the lookup and I'll never know that their SSP says they sign all their mail.

You then said well, if it's not a bank your users use, why do you care? I still have trouble reading that as other than deliver the phish if you don't think your users will be fooled.

How exactly is your heuristic supposed to work?

R's,
John