Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Discussing what someone said about SSP - productive?

2007-12-07 11:30:26
Steve Atkins wrote:

I guess that's a yes.

If you believe that any random MTA has an equal right to emit mail claiming to
be from my domain, then I think there's little left to discuss.

If you don't want people to forward your mail, then you're not obliged
to send mail to them.

If, on the other hand, you want to participate in a store-and-forward
protocol then you don't get to say that other hosts are not allowed to
emit mail claiming to be from your domain.

Why are you seizing on the narrow word emit, when it was pretty
clear that by emit he meant "invented out of whole cloth"? For
somebody who copping to being above the fray, that's a rather
uncharitable reading. Or perhaps even a reducto ad hominem!

I'll ask you the same as Dave:

Unlike Dave's response, you have a chance to answer yes or no.
If there's some "excluded middle", please name it.

                Mike