Re: [ietf-dkim] sender practices, as opposed to something else

2007-12-07 13:18:35
John Levine:
  you or Dave are operating from for that not be true. From the looks
  of it, that set of axioms leads to "SSP == bad", so I again wonder
  why you're wasting your time, unless it is to prevent SSP from being
  published.

An SSP that publishes actual things that a sender actually does, is
non-controversial. For example: this domain signs all the mail it
emits that has its domain on the From: line, or that domain emits no
mail at all with its domain on the From: line.

It's the mountain of add-on semantic baggage that's a problem.

I agree. SSP is good for senders to announce what mail they send
and/or sign. That's the non-controversial part.

The rest I see as false expectations based on false assumptions.

        Wietse