Re: [ietf-dkim] A perspective on what SSP is attempting

2007-12-07 13:10:17
I do not agree with your position, which, as I understand it, seems to be that SSP is attempting to impose its will upon verifiers. It's not, and it never was. You've been choosing to ignore the parts of the spec that make that clear, and focus on the words that we have chosen and explicitly defined, interpreting them out of context and in your own way.

I've got no problem with adjusting language to clarify things, but I feel that your input has been unhelpful, and the fact that you've read over earlier versions of relevant documents without apparent concern until now is troublesome.

Senders have every right to tell the world how they would prefer that their mail be treated by recipients. Of course they can't be sure their preferences will be honored, but they have every right to make the request.

eric