RE: [ietf-dkim] A perspective on what SSP is attempting

2007-12-10 08:33:17
SSP consists of what the following statements mean
1. I sign all mail
2. I sign some mail
3. I sign no mail
4. I sign other domains mail
5. Other domains sign my mail

Number 3 has been declared out of scope.  4 and 5 appear problematic 1
and two are clearly defined and somewhat in agreement when it comes from
a single FROM: address with a single signature.

In what circumstances is SSP to be used.
When a signature arrives broken and possibly, no signature=broken

What to do with broken signatures?
Receiver side policy determines that.

So that leaves multiple signatures, multiple FROM: and mixed SSP records
from a list posting.
No change, receiver side policy determines what to do.

Scores can be addeed and subtracted for each scenario, but SSP is not so
much a technology but a informational description of sender intent.

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications
404-847-6397