Re: [ietf-dkim] A perspective on what SSP is attempting

2007-12-07 12:53:33
Sorry it was not clear that the issue has been that working group discussion has only been from the perspective you describe and rather steadfastly 'left out' the one I described.

Of course, any reasonable discussion would include both. But that first requires acknowledging the relevance of both.

d/

Eric Allman wrote:
      SSP is one organization's attempt to tell another
      what it should do with mail that is from a third
      organization.

You left out an important part of what SSP should (in my opinion, completely legitimately) try to do:

       SSP is one organization's attempt to tell another what it
       should do with mail that is from a third organization that
       claims to be from the first organization.

Of course, SSP also includes guidance on unsigned messages.

eric

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking