Issue #1527: (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] The limits of DKIM and SSP)

2007-12-10 10:44:04

Dave,

Just looking for a bit more on one of the points you raised.

I also changed the subject since this is specific to one of
the new issues you raised. [1]

Dave Crocker wrote:
And we certainly have not done
a threats and work-arounds analysis for SSP.

For each proposed SSP feature, there needs to be a statement describing
the thread, the way that the feature will mitigate it and some
discussion of possible work-arounds and the ease with which they can be
used.

RFC 4868 [2] does contain some analysis of SSP from a year or
so ago. Can you describe some additional threats that aren't
covered there that we ought be considering? Or are there parts
of the analysis that need revisiting?

S.

[1] https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1527
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4686