[ietf-dkim] Re: NEW ISSUE: limiting SSP to statements that inform recipient about (potential) signer actions

2007-12-10 01:36:59
Arvel Hathcock wrote:

The SSP specification needs to be modified to remove all directions
for recipient actions, instead limiting itself to statements about
the actions of a potential signer.

This is a manifestation of the thinking that providing guidance to a
receiver about what you might like to see happen is a violation of
some Internet taboo.  I just don't see a problem here.

| deny  Messages which are Suspicious from this domain MAY be rejected,
| bounced, or otherwise not delivered at the option of the verifier.
  ^^^^^^^
Trashing suspicious mails ("not delivered") is bad enough, bouncing
them to innocent bystanders is net abuse, unless you have ideally a
PASS or minimally a NEUTRAL indication (no necessarily by RFC 4408).

 Frank