Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: limiting SSP to statements that inform recipient about (potential) signer actions

2007-12-10 02:42:19
Arvel Hathcock wrote:
   The SSP specification needs to be modified to remove all directions
for recipient actions, instead limiting itself to statements about the
actions of a potential signer.

This is a manifestation of the thinking that providing guidance to a
receiver about what you might like to see happen is a violation of
some Internet taboo.  I just don't see a problem here.

I'd have to agree.  I thought the point of SSP was for the sender to
provide the receiver on guidance on what it would like done with
messages that are believed to be inauthentic.  While I understand Dave's
concern about organizations communicating policy, if this is a start, so
be it.  It's very constrained.

Eliot