Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: process exception

2007-12-10 09:43:18

Stephen Farrell wrote:

Dave Crocker wrote:

Stephen Farrell wrote:
Aside from that, I tend not to aim to be argumentative & wish
more folks on this list had similar discipline. My thanks go
to those with a similar approach. (And yes, that is an indirect
rebuke specifically aimed at aspects of your otherwise overall
excellent contribution to DKIM, i.e a mixed message;-)

Stephen,

For a working group chair to post text like this that (only) targets a
single participant is unfortunate, first, given how freely ad hominems
have been flowing, yet you fail to focus on them too,

Fair enough. I didn't directly do that (until just now), except
in reaction to a mail directed to me from you that I consider was
needlessly argumentative.

Perhaps you didn't notice that you are repeating the assertion but not providing its basis. Since I've been trying to be careful to make my postings have substance, I do not know what you are taking exception to. That makes your repeated labeling of my efforts particularly problematic.

and second because
you offer a generic rebuke without any supporting basis.

I think this thread is a supporting basis. I'm sure you
don't. We disagree.

Stephen, where we disagree is with a working group chair behaving in this manner at all, without feeling obliged to be both careful and specific.

From a process management standpoint, your posting therefore appears to
be seeking to undermine my participation

That's not the case.

Yes it is.

(Gosh, that was a productive exchange. See how helpful it is to provide no actual content to an assertion?)

In what model of credible IETF working group management is that sort of
behavior by a chair acceptable.

Rhetorical question skipped.

Interesting that you take a very real and serious process question and dismiss it so casually. Given the tenor the the group's history, it's not surprising, though.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking