[ietf-dkim] Issue #1399: clarify i= vs. SSP

2007-12-09 07:19:51

All,

At the meeting last week we said we wanted to try get issue
1399 [1] resolved before Jim sends out a version of SSP to
start WGLC.

So, if we can try focus on this for a day or two that'd be
good. If necessary we can do a straw poll towards the end
of the week to get Jim some input for the next rev of the doc.
(Since the time is short, I reckon its ok for folks to
revisit this week's outcome for this issue during WGLC if
we don't get a fairly clear consensus.)

Text from the tracker:

   "One of the things I noticed from recent discussions is that we need
    to have clarity in SSP on what, exactly, qualifies as a valid
    signature for "I sign everything". This guidance is not in dkim-base
    (purposefully), but I believe that we had intended i= to provide
    that clarity. In any case, we do need to provide the exact semantics
    in SSP of how a receiver determines whether a DKIM signature
    satisfies the SSP criteria or not.

    I'm not sure whether this rises to a -ssp-req item or not -- I
    sort of lean toward it just to make certain that it is tracked. Or
    if there's a bunch of disagreement about what satisfies the SSP
    criteria, then it most likely should be..."

Regards,
S.

PS: Please try to keep on topic in this thread at least. We can
(and I'm sure will) revisit all the usual SSP talking points during
WGLC.

[1] https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1399