Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Service Model summary

2007-12-11 18:34:40
Dave Crocker wrote:

4. Service Model

Although bits of Service Model description are in the document --
mostly the
Introduction -- the specification lacks a coherent description of its
operating framework and, instead, dives directly into normative
detail, often
without providing an integrated view of the service.

To the extent that the above is not sufficiently clear:

   The specification lacks any coherent summary of its functionality.
It needs text that provides a framework for its use and a summary of
its functionality.

The best way to make sure it meets your needs would be if you contribute
some text.  It has been mentioned to me that the introduction should not
contain normative language (although I have seen it in other
specifications), so I do plan to remove the normative bits.

-Jim